Tea & croissant: A room fit for the king

OK, that's quite an exaggeration but Park Plaza in Nottingham certainly does have a rather nice room even though it wasn't a suite. I don't know how much it costs as it was on the company tab and someone else settled my bill with their company credit card. What I do know is the room was rather well furnished to make any seasoned traveler's rest come easier and better.

The room features a (double?) king size bed with 2 sets of pillows of varying sizes, a first though I haven't stayed in a proper hotel for some time now. fml.

The said pillows. Different sizes for different purpose. OK, this isn't a complaint. Not from someone who has 2 normal pillows, 2 small pillows, 1 bolster, 1 cushion and 3 blankets on 1queen bed. Only 1person sleeps there regularly.

The light switches are for the lights on the opposite side, so as not to blind you. Nice touch there. It also came with bath robes which is good after a warm bath to soak the day's weariness away. My stay happened just before the beginning of spring when the temperature was still low. It was my first having to turn on the heater in a hotel room. And all my life, I only ever wanted to crank the air conditioner to be as cold as possible.

A flat screen TV with quite a lot of programming, from serious documentaries to films from the last millennium. 

There isn't much of any view since it's right in the city center. Opposite is an office building with another hotel. The window comes with a pair of curtains, one sheer and the other is blackout type. I would do my 7min workout with just the sheer one and hope that nobody was secretly spying/filming me in my pyjamas.

Sparkling drinking water. It tastes slightly carbonated, gassy really. Like a mild soda water.

Coffee, tea and biscuits. I took some back with me, partly because it's in my Asian blood to take all the free things, partly to save up on breakfast in Paris. The Twinings English breakfast tea was quite good. Sorry, Lipton/Boh.

Unlike the bedroom, the bathroom has a more modern and cool interior. I do like the theme very much. Almost ocean like.

Bathroom essentials but they forgot about body shampoo the first day I was there. Fortunately, I brought some along. Why? For Paris. This is the same brand that BA provided in their kit. The body shampoo was OK. The hair shampoo was a bit drying (for me) but the conditioner fixed it.

The bath and shower area. It came with a full length mirror. There are places where mirrors should be forbidden. Like here. I don't want to see my dirty self. But it's probably a major turn on to see your reflection making out. Kinda like doing a show.

Basic toilets but glorious towels everyday. Oh, it even came with mini plastic bags to throw your used feminine products too.

More towels. Sorry but I have a new found appreciation for clean, white, fluffy towels because my own supply is none of that.

On my last night, I decided to put the bath to good use. It felt good because I was caught in the rain on the way home from the pub. Unlike our torrential rain, theirs is a light shower, heavy drizzle at worst. But when you couple that with cold wind, you would still wish that you are not outside.

 It was a great 5day. Although it was a business trip, my days ended with me being terribly tired though it was just working in the office, not much of walking around. Maybe it's the weather.

Comments