Tea & croissant: Robin Hood's hood

This was taken in London. I was trying the cute Korean look with a pink oversized sweater, bought from Taiwan. In case if you're wondering, that's quite my default mode i.e. black cloud hovering above. Nothing but doom and gloom. It's really better than to show my actual face.

Nottingham city is fairly small. Or at least it was to me. Partly because apart from the hotel, we didn't get to do much as most of the places were closed by the time we got off from work. Thankfully (or not), the days are long that this is 8pm. Yup, it's barely dark.

How well acquainted are you with the tale of Robin Hood? I'm not at all so it surprised me to know that this city is where the tale originated. Here's a statue of the man himself.

There's a castle for you to explore and understand the legend better but obviously my colleagues didn't feel like it because come on, have you gone to the tourist attractions at your hood? Shopping malls don't count.

But then again, I am here for work, not play. So that's OK.

You cannot possibly imagine how patriotic I felt when this came into sight. Uncle Lim, I am so proud of you! Not satisfied with MYR, you're expanding into GBP.

The city council. Although relatively small, the city is rather fully integrated with buses and trams. The streets are wide so it doesn't feel crowded. There were many warning signs against littering though I'm not sure if they are fully enforced. If our government do a fraction of that, what a beautiful place we could all live in. But no. We can't. That's why we don't deserve good things.

Their buses are punctual to the dot which is great especially during winter mornings when the wind blows. So, it is possible to survive here without a car. Honestly, I don't mind taking public transportation or walk 5mins if I don't end up sweating like a pig at the end of it. Impossible in any Asian country.

Taking a break from meetings. I've never taken a liken to meetings. But that does seem to be the only thing I do these days.

Refreshments for guests and visitors. If you were there for an interview, would you have the balls to have anything?

Comments

Unknown said…
Ah that council square , I remember that, lol
aMy said…
pwar. high roller.
Unknown said…
Normal student time , weekends that's only entertainment to wander city and stock up on indo mee.
aMy said…
okla i poorfag. my UK is ulu kelang only.