Tea & croissant: The Sub-Urb


Sort of like a flea market, there are many stalls in the Camden market ranging from snacks to accessories. While I can't say that it's not for the tourists, there almost equally as many locals. The streets around was lined up with souvenir stores selling t-shirts, key chains. Even power bank. Unsurprisingly, like our very own Chinatown, the stores are not manned by locals. Or at least they didn't look like it. Fine, they were mainly Indians or Bangladeshis. Or looked like those.

The famous canal where you can sit on those river boats and go for a cruise of few days to have a tour of London. I thought that's only in India but hey, this would be at least more hygienic. I think.

For some reason, plain water is not very popular here. Thus, during my week long trip to UK, apart from in the office, I drank mostly Coke in its few variations. Regular, diet, zero. Yes, it made me a very happy girl. No, not from the sugar because oi you, it's diet & zero Coke yo.

Roundhouse theater. The man on top of the roof is not part of an act. Well, it's like a statue but would look quite scary at night to newcomers to town.

Westminster chapel on the way to the palace.

My first proper meal in London had to be something Asian. Chicken gyoza or potstickers . As a consolation, it was quite delicious. Not quite like the original ones I get here but who knows, maybe this is how they'll taste like in Japan.

The iconic red telephone both. With everyone from your grandmother to toddler having their own mobile phone, these remain just that. An icon.

Comments