Tea & croissant: Fish & Chips


 Queens Street
Nottingham
NG1 2BL
Tel# 0115 950 5521

The Brazilian was gushing about their fish & chips that I should give it a try. Btw, this is at 8pm. their days are just long. Also, you can punch in that 6character into Google Maps to get the exact location. When are we going to catch on?

How do you like your chips? I like them thin and crunchy with a dash of salt. If that's too boring, here are some choices.

Traditional wild ocean cod £13.25: 100% sustainable tender fillet of cod, sourced from the clear waters of the Norwegian and Icelandic seas. Served with twice cooked chips, mushy peas, chunky tartare sauce and a few pickles.

Chips are like fries but much larger. Oddly enough, they don't like calling them fries. Just chips. I like it that the chips are freshly made but since they are thick, the crunchiness just isn't there. Fish itself was nice and crispy, just a tad bit oily. While I can't say that it' super delicious, maybe I'm more tolerant of it since it's deep fried. The mushy peas was just ....weird. It's peas but in mashed form.

Famous dessert sharer £8.95: Ice cream with Chantilly cream and a unique topping, served
with doughnuts, chocolate dipping sauce, raspberry dipping sauce and candyfloss on the side.

Not having enjoyed candy floss during my childhood, it never grew on me even when I was free to eat it till I get diabetes. The ice cream was notably not as sweet and paired perfectly well with the doughnut though I could swear it was more of a mini cake.

Comments