La Juiceria, Atria

 I'm quite sad that I didn't get to eat much lou sang in the year of the rat. More like, not many people invited me out that I had to resort to finding places that would serve lou sang in manner that's not too much for two. Luckily, my luck hasn't been so bad that I had to resort to take away lou sang and still have one other person to go on my lou sang expedition.

While any Chinese restaurant would serve lou sang, not many have it in a for-two portion (very expensive ok) and made from scratch (or as much as possible). La Juiceria always struck me as those pricey healthy (wannabe) hipster joints. But they did carry lou sang and the ingredients looked fresh enough that we had dinner there. Also, it did help that my throat was starting to hurt and nose starting to block so yea, something tame would be great.

 In case if you're wondering, no, we didn't order two sets of lou sang. There was a mixup in the order that they thought we wanted to substitute the salmon with strawberry 😒 Fortunately, they were gracious enough to give us the fish and all's well again. They used all fresh ingredients, some dried and perhaps the least healthy thing here would be the fried crackers. The sauce isn't the usual thick plum sauce. Not as sweet but you do get a refreshing taste from the freshness in the ingredients. However, I think the beetroot was a wee bit wet so at the end of it, the juices have pretty much overtaken everything else.

Roast chicken with Thai curry sauce, toasts, eggs and roasted pumpkin.
It's my first time having pumpkin this way, so is it normal for it to be quite hard? Or not in a mush that you can easily break with the fork?
The bread was toasted and came with butter. Have you ever heard someone call the act of buttering bread as "sweep the bread with butter"?

Initially, I found the chicken have a rather flavor from the herb marinate but kinda dry since they used breast meat. But with the Thai curry sauce, it was quite good. Don't worry, it's not very spicy and definitely sore-throat-friendly. This was about RM 23.

Comments