Where the magic is

My previous office. I do miss its futuristic design. Old on the outside but it does have a charm of its own. This was the last week before we moved into a new building. I do miss the quietness of starting work at 7am. Not a stir in the air.

 The moving company. Relocation is a bummer. In my 3years with this company, I have shifted seats 4 times. What's your average like?

I used to purchase quite a few GroupOn Fave deals back then that I would narrowly miss the expiry date. Actually, there was one for a manicure that I didn't use. RM 20 burnt. Just.Like.That.
Could you believe that my body fat was 24.9%? It's probably closer to 30% now 😔

7am shift in the new office reminded me of my old call center job. Not exactly fun times.

This is was a new building when we first moved in as its first tenant. Somehow, the novelty worn off soon enough.

They were building another behind us even though not all the floors in the existing buildings are occupied. I feel like there's a glut of buildings everywhere but prices are still on an uptrend. 

But not before some merry making to officiate our stay.

O hai. Captured at the perfect moment. This was also part of the CNY celebration. Does your company have such things?

We had caterers from the hotel and they put this in. Was it good? I don't know. It's just awfully small for few hundreds of people.

Appetizers table.

Like so pretty.

Just not very practical for the amount of people swarming the table.

Dessert table. Actually it's just the other end.

Reminds me of high tea. Are those hotel high teas worth the money? I'm referring to Majestic, Grand Hyatt kind.

The bathrooms, or at least the ladies, are now equipped with motion sensor rubbish bin. During my first encounter, I was genuinely amazed. After awhile, it got annoying waiting for it to open its flap fully. Do the gents' have this or only ladies for feminine product disposal?

Another company event. Can you guess what it is? 

It should be pretty obvious by now.

Regardless of the event, food is important. Food is maybe the only reason why some people showed up.

Celebrating girl power, they now call it women at work. Empower.

The cake was made by one of them. Not sure how it tasted because the room had too much of estrogen that my ovary was going to burst.

In my decade long of working, I find that women are more difficult to work with. Men are more rational, less sensitive, more forgetful in a good way. However, lately, a number of men seem to be more womanly than I am. So not cool.

A rare moment of working in the office on a public holiday. Borrowed my former boss' room as the building's air-conditioner is usually turned off on such occasions. I wonder if I would reach  a stage where I would get a room of my own 😄

But for now, I'm content having my own seat that's quite a far cry from my pigeon hole days. A laptop too. When I first started using a company laptop, it was a sense of pride because low level slaves cannot have laptops. Now, it just made sense to have laptops as it's easier to make you work from home at odd hours. fml.

Starbucks have been having quite a few promos of late. Recently was buy a drink at RM 10 which I didn't because I was looking forward to some proper dessert. Alas, that was not to be. Just so you know, this was courtesy of a colleague.

A mini buffet setup for another event. The thing that I like best about my current office is we are located beside the gathering area. So, getting leftovers are easy as we are just few steps away. Lets just say I've had quite a number of dinners settled because they had more than enough.

Yes, another celebration. You must be thinking by now, with all the celebrations that my company do, where do we find the time to do any work? Actually, it's at most once every quarter. It is my sheer laziness that sees them all lumped together now.

Such lovely orchids.

At a point of time, I was tempted by my team mate to join in their hunt for orchids. Well, for starters, they don't exactly need soil and seems relatively low maintenance. But I think I'll just stick to blogging, reading and cooking. At least nobody/nothing dies from those. Yet.

DIY mee ayam. Or some Malay noodle dish.

I didn't understand why the same type of local food gets served in events until I checked out the prices myself. These are cheaper to made compared to Western finger food.

Launching of a new product. Which I think got sold off a year later.

My third year now, sometimes I wonder if it's time to brush the dust off my resume.

Comments