Tea & croissant: Ride me!

Like any self respecting theme park, the attractions in Disneyland Paris had queues that could go up to an hour depending on their popularity. It's not quite worth it if you take into consideration that some  ride itself would last not even 10minutes. Would you be able to withstand a roller coaster ride of even 5minutes?

Luckily enough, they have an app with (almost) real time tracking of queue times. You can also use it as your map. Obviously, they only work if your phone has Internet connection. The wifi here is spotty, best to have your own ready.

Le Carrousel de Lancelot. A very fancy merry-go-round. This one was especially popular with the kids and families with toddlers because it wasn't very dangerous and moves about at a safe pace.

They were really fancy compared to those traveling theme park kinds. The rides were not new but rather well maintained.

Yes, I queued up for my virgin ride. Is it so hard to believe that I had never gone on one in my 34 years? Maybe I had as a baby or before the age of 5. This is why you don't bring your children who can barely string a grammatically correct sentence to Disneyland. Or anywhere fancy as a matter of fact.

Mad hatter's tea cup. Also another popular ride, but this one not very suitable for small kids. You don't want to end up cleaning up their breakfast over themselves (and yourself).

The idea is simple: each cup spins around a circle. Additionally, you can control the direction you spin. Is that giving you major headache? Ok, imagine the earth circling the sun in a particular order to make up one year. At the same time, it also moves on its own axis to give you day and night. Now, imagine you can move the earth in any random manner (left or right). And there you have this ride. It moves quite fast and can be rather exhilarating.

Indiana Jones™ and the Temple of Peril. It's a long name for an almost long roller coaster ride. Not a fan of roller coaster until the past decade, I admit that even those at Genting scares me though people think those are mild. Not wanting to miss out, we waited for this which wasn't that long (initially).

It turned out to be quite a ride. For one, there were 360degree turns, going into loops. Oh and it wasn't a short track either. My first exciting ride and I almost lost my glasses. As to why I didn't take it off before the ride started, well, it didn't dawn on me that we would be going in all sort of directions.

Thankfully, they just fell onto the floor and I saw it before getting off. Phew. This was good enough that we decided to go for another (or two) times. Even queued up for a good 30minutes, something that I wouldn't do ordinarily. Not even for food. And definitely not for guys.

Comments