Rview: Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart, Empire Subang

 LK-01C, Lower Ground,
Empire Shopping Gallery,
Jalan SS 16/1,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel# 03-5481 5048
https://www.facebook.com/hokkaidobakedcheesetart/

 Did you join the crowd and queue up for the cheese tarts? Like the impatient lazy me, I only caught the bug recently. Well, actually, I did try to go for the other cheese tart franchise but the queue was still atrociously long even months after they first opened. So, this is next best easiest thing I could get my hands on without giving up halfway thru.

Each tart costs about RM 7.50 which is not cheap if compared to the Chinese egg tart. However, it is cheese though so think of it as an indulgence. You can have them either hot/warm or cold. Both of which have its own merit. The former promises a warm, slight melting cheese filling. The latter would be more of a cheese cake.


 Not wanting to waste it fresh from the oven when it's still warm, I ate it almost immediately. Or as soon as we found a bench to savor it. While it wasn't as hot as when my cakes come right out of my oven, they were still warm and the cheese filling was oozing slightly. Not melting but still soft enough. Think of it like a slightly hardened lao sa pao.

While this is a cheese tart, the flavor is not very cheesy. Apparently, it's because there's a higher milk content in their tart which is unsurprising as Hokkaido is famous for their milk. As this is my virgin cheese tart, I can only comment that it is not as cheesy as I thought but that's not in a bad way.

Comments