XXXIII: Confucius Says

 No. 275, Dalong St,
Datong District,
Taipei City, Taiwan 103
Tel# +886 2 2592 3934
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Confucius_Temple

I didn't know just how big Confucianism is in Taipei until I got there. On the surface, it teaches virtues of family and society, the peaceful kind of lessons which I think we can all emulate instead of bickering amongst ourselves if some government handout is a form of bribery or not. Or maybe there is more than meets the eye and Taiwanese news certainly are interesting. There was a news about a man who made a ruckus about not being able to board the train with his rather full grown golden retriever.

 Perhaps it was a Wednesday or nobody really is interested in learning more about Confucius so we had the place to ourselves. Entry is free and the temple is separated into different sections dedicated to different facets of its philosophy.

 There was one shrine hall of notable Confucius philosophers. The exhibition halls were in both Chinese and English so it works even for banana such as myself. All in all, this was a rather enjoyable educational visit.

 There was a section dedicated to archery and its development. Of course, it's not going to appeal to those who are not into museums and the likes.

In case if you are wondering, these pictures are taken using my Mi3 as I was too lazy to whip out my camera. Plus, it was a rather bright and sunny day so I thought my phone can't do too bad. It didn't but certainly the camera who have won hands down :(

 There were few other visitors as we were leaving. Some of them touting their large cameras, making me feel abit sad. However, my consolation would be that I was enjoying my trip to the fullest 😭

 There was a hall on Chinese writing and its evolution. This is the counting system. A you can tell, they gave up at 100. By the time they got to 10grand, it's akin to someone throwing their hands up in the air and go "fts".

Baoan Temple is located just across the road but we barely missed its opening hours. However, fret not because there is usually one notable temple in most of the districts.

Comments