Review: Guan Kie, Gohtong Jaya

No. 26, Jalan Jati 1,
Gohtong Jaya
Tel# +60 3-6100 1062

After a disappointing getaway, we decided to stop by Gohtong Jaya for a late lunch. Since neither of us knew a good spot, we picked this which looked decent enough with some crowd but not too much that it would be a long wait.

Claypot style fried kangkung with dried chili and garlic: RM 12
My first encounter, this dish turned out to be surprisingly simply delicious. It had the simplicity of bringing out the sweetness of the vegetable and the claypot certainly elevates the dish to another level. My only grudge with it is at their laziness for not removing the stalks and using older plants. I prefer them fresh and young, like how men like their women.

Prawn and onion omelette: RM 10
Nothing fancy here but I liked its crispiness. Which explained the oiliness.

 Pork ribs braised with peanut: RM 20
One of the captain's recommendation, I think this is their signature dish which isn't difficult to see why. Cold weather, hot food, nothing could be better except for sex. Maybe.
The ribs were until just tender while the peanut was through and through soft. As peanuts aren't one of those things that I thoroughly enjoy, so I didn't care much about the rather intense flavor of it in here.

Comments