W#2: 9th Nov

Long overdue but things have had been getting rather crappy on the work front which spilled over to home grounds. Given my short attention span, it was good news when he recommended to focus on just two instead of the full Monty.

To recap last week's agenda:
One thing to double down (do more of) OR scares me - forget about how things were with the ex.
One thing to purge - the ex. 
Forgetting is a very difficult thing. The harder you try to forget something, the more you remember it. Such is the folly of memory. Some things are so ingrained in you that it becomes a part of your belief system, your behavior. So much so that it catches you off-guard when your response is based on that, despite the fact that it is no longer applicable nor something that you subscribed to (willingly) in the first place.

There are some improvements though I don't know if it would be right to call it an improvement when my thoughts merely shifted from one ex to another, much to his chagrin. However, like this song, I shall endeavor to do (hopefully not the impossible):

For the second week of November 2015:
One thing to double down (do more of) OR scares me - increase/improve my verbal communications
One thing to purge - sarcasm in email.

Comments