Review: Kuchai Lama Wan Tan Mee, Kuchai Lama

Taman Goodwill, Jalan Sawi,
Jalan Kuchai Lama,
58000 Kuala Lumpur
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kuchai-Lama-Wan-Tan-Mee/142678769140374

Undecided on where to go, tg suggested this place for supper which made not much of difference to me since I didn't have any preference nor did I know where we were/headed to.

lets head to this wantan mee stall. my mom has never been quite successful at catching them in business.
wrong timing?
dinner time. few different occasions. even called up to check. 

With that in mind, despite my no carbs policy, it felt right to let it slide by and see if it was worth the effort. Instead of having just the wantan, I ordered the full works. When it arrived, what greeted me was a sloppy, messy plate of noodles in varying shades of black. Undaunted, I took the first bite and my opinion took a complete turn. It was indeed one of the better wan tan mee around.

The noodles had a springy texture. The gravy was neither too salty with a hint of lard which some may find (too) oily. The wantan themselves were perfect little meatballs on their own. My only gripe is with the sweet roast pork. The flavor is rather spot on but the meat itself was just a little too tough and dry. It didn't help either that it was all lean, no fat.

There are few other stalls around and business was brisk for all. Maybe next visit.

Comments