Review: Everest


Not quite my typical flavor but that I did. After all, it was free. So, why not? Yes, freebies set my heart aflutter, if not ignite it on fire.

It is based on a true story of an Everest expedition gone wrong. Now, I have not read about the actual events nor am I interested to because it seems like a ridiculous idea to pay 60grand (not sure if it's AUD/USD) to climb the highest mountain in the world with a (very likelihood) of dying. Or lose some limbs along the way.

Maybe it's all that facial hair so I don't recognize most of the actors/actresses, save for Keira Knightley who, well, plays one of the supporting character since she was heavily pregnant (then). Another notable face is Jake Gyllenhaal who plays a rather cool, hippy climb leader.

There isn't much to say that won't give away the plotline as you get to sit through about 2hours plus of snow and Everest and idiots strong, determined people trying to conquer possibly the hardest terrain on the face of this planet.

Had I paid for it, this would have come out as a very different review. One that would be cursing from the beginning to the end.

Comments