Tuscany, Putrajaya Marriott

Apart from Chinese food, this hotel also has an Italian restaurant that serves buffet for dinner. There's also a live grilling station for meat and seafood.

Salads because you need your greens to poop well. How often do you do a number 2? Sometimes, I could go for 2 to 3 days without the urge. Sometimes, it's everyday or right after coffee.
Their salad choices are quite standard but you can certainly go crazy with the different combos of veggies and sauces.

Pasta counter. A simmering pot of water is placed at the counter for you to cook/reheat your pasta. Unfortunately, the direction wasn't clear so I dropped my pasta into the pot, only to realize that they didn't provide a long enough fork/tongs to retrieve it πŸ˜‘ I tried their tomato sauce, quite good.

Grilled veggies of tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom and corn. There wasn't much food choices, come to think of it. They didn't taste bad but I'm happy that I didn't pay for it.

Seafood chowder was a light broth without the usual smell/taste of the sea. Some didn't like it, I found it was all right. People say bread and pizza are bad in buffets as they expand quickly, making you feel full faster but that's the only time I get my (bread) carbs :(

Moving on to the mains, most of the food were either grilled or pre-grilled. Is this really what Tuscan food is like? I think not.

Some salads since I wasn't in the mood for anything too heavy. Tried some of their freshly grilled food, turned out to be a little over charred or they didn't clean the grill properly so there's the bits of the black ash all over my food. Not cool.

Comments