New Peng Wah, Damansara Jaya

 15&17, Damansara Jaya, 
Jalan SS 22/19, 
47400 Petaling Jaya 
Tel#03-7727 5288
Does this place have any relation to the other Ping Wah? I'm inclined to think so they also have the same braised potato and pork dish. Also just as slimy from the gravy. In a good way. Since it was a dinner with the folks, what better than some homely dishes, away from home? The prices, however, are nowhere homely especially since the portion is rather small.

 Stir fry kang kung with belacan. Rather spicy with quite a bit of dried shrimps for that extra savory flavor.

 Lala in ginger soup. Slightly spicy from the ginger and sweet from the red berries, the shellfish were reasonably big and fresh.

 Fried rice with lap cheong. A tad bit wet for my liking. I wonder if they had that salad there to justify the price they charge.

Steamed tri egg (chicken, salted and century eggs). Sadly, despite my below-mediocre cooking skill, I can safely say that my version is tonnes better. It was over steamed and too sweet.

New Peng Wah Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments