All for 1

Before you start belting out any of their songs,  I'm actually talking about team building. My day job gave me a slight break before things took a real tumble to date. Sometimes I wonder when am I going to get my life back. Like to be able to come home and not feel like my brains have given up on me. No more over time yet the day always manage to suck the life out of me to the point that I could only mindlessly watch the idiot box or play equally idiotic games on my phone 😔 Is this a sign of a burnout?

The management knows well enough that a well oiled team would require the occasional whipping pampering in the form of an away day, disguised as team building with loads of management speak thrown in for good measure. Last time, it was in Trader's Hotel. This time, it's in Putrajaya Marriott.

 What was annoying is how the location is in Putrajaya (almost further than the office from my home) and it starts earlier than my usual work day. Oh yea, it was on a Saturday to boot -_- Just in case anyone from my company is reading this, I understand that the team has expanded and it'll be hard to get a location that'll please everyone. Or that since we are all in operation, Saturday is the only feasible day to get together and try to not kill each other foster some team spirit.

But you cannot stop me from ranting about waking up at 7am on a Saturday to see people that I don't want to see during the weekends.


 The only thing was the copious amount of coffee and food throughout the day. The coffee was really essential. Quite possibly the only thing keeping us sane.

We had morning breakfast before the event because you shouldn't have coffee on an empty stomach. Then it was mid morning break as we need to refuel the caffeine in our blood stream. Lunch ensued which of course, we chug more coffee before the afternoon session because you should at least appear to be listening/awake. Before you know it, time for tea.

The free coffee was probably the (positive) highlight of my day.

I should be thankful that I still have a job 😂

Comments