2018 + 1

 I didn't do a year end review for 2017. The year went by like that. Procrastinating so much that I'm almost ashamed to admit that some of my food posts are at least a month (if not half a year) late. The only consolation to be had here is this is I am no longer a food blogger but a food historian. Merely putting down into writing of the places that tried & then failed. Of course, McDonald's not one of them even if there's a smear campaign on their political links.

2018 started off well enough, like the years before. However, it seems that the tide has changed and the wind is starting to blow the other way. While it's not something entirely unforeseen, change has never been an easy thing for me. Some people like the new and unknown, I cower behind the familiar while sulking away and complaining about why things are always the same. Ironic but true. 

 At the very same time of 2017, I was plagued with a cough that just refused to give up. Strangely enough, nothing conclusive came up in my test so it was back to the drawing board of these. Not like they helped at all. So much so that I gave up and resumed my iced drinks, all day, every day.

Eh, cutting those out didn't help, so why not?

These, on the other hand, did provide some relief. At a point, my basket bin was just filled with the cough syrup bottles that I wouldn't blame people for thinking I'm a junkie. The inhaler worked well to provide me with uninterrupted sleep.

Funnily enough, the cough came and left just like that. After stopping my meds and preventive measures, it didn't get worse or better immediately. It just quietly slipped away, figuratively and literally. Not much of a lesson to be learnt there but I really needed to post these pictures which I saved for so goddamn long 😬

Don't want to get myself too hyped up for 2019 to avoid disappointing myself, though it's not quite possible even if I wanted to. Don't want to look at it in such gloomy fashion either because that'll make matters worse. Whatever may come, comes.

Resolutions for the coming year:
That's easy enough.

Comments