Review: Raku Pizza 楽ピザ, Subang SS15


No.80 Jalan SS15/4D
Subang Jaya
Tel# 03-5631 2188
https://www.facebook.com/rakupizza

There were few blog posts featuring this place, raving about the food. Thanks to Offpeak, it was finally my time =D Of course, must also thank my food sponsor. I need more of them.

The fun factor of this joint is that it allows you to customize your dinner. Don't like tomato sauce? Go for wasabi mayo.
Don't like the boring chicken? They have pepperoni. No more having to take whatever life pizza joints throw together for you.
Just don't go overboard and chuck everything onto your pizza to your heart's content. Each ingredient is individually priced so it may cost more than Domino's. 

Combi#1: charcoal dough, grilled chicken, bonito flakes, wasabi mayo.
They have quite an extensive menu for you to pick from. Since charcoal is something neither of us had before, it sounded like a good choice. Grilled chicken to make it a tad bit healthy. And bonito flakes, because why not? Also since it's a Japanese pizza joint and I doubt you can have bonito flakes on pizza anywhere else.

There are some ready dishes but I think it would be a waste if you don't pick your brain at creating a pizza. It also means that the pizza are freshly made, guaranteeing a hot pizza delivered to your table. The mayo was slightly spicy so be warned.

Combi#2: charcoal dough, beef pepperoni, oyster mushroom, teriyaki sauce. 
Our second visit here because we both enjoyed the piping hot pizza. 


My tummy wasn't feeling so well, hence the unadventurous pick of ingredients.
The teriyaki sauce was a little too sweet for my liking.

Japanese Char siu RM 10.90: Grilled marinated braised pork belly served with mixed salad
While I wasn't expecting the dish to be similar to the Chinese melt-in-your-mouth version, this one is rather lean, no traces of fat at all; something I wish I could claim my body to be. The side salad is refreshing if not unnecessary.

This is a nice place for dating. Even if you are not a college girl. Or graduated more than a decade ago. It's all right to relive your adolescent days.

Comments