Review: EspressoLab, Bandar Menjalara

Ground floor, No. 65 Jalan 11/62A
Bandar Menjalara
52200 KL

Sprouting up everywhere, Espressolab is a coffee joint that has a minimalist approach. So minimalist that hipsters don't really congregate there as there isn't the global appeal of Starbucks and not enough of props for Instagram-worthy shots. It also doesn't help that most of their drinks are above RM 15. No, same standard size.

Thus, if not because Offpeak had 50% on the place, I wouldn't have bothered to part with that amount just to find a nice place to read my book. Although it was a Sunday afternoon, we had the place to ourselves and secured the comfy cushion. Perfect for lazy lounging, escaping from the torrential rain.

Cold blended hazelnut latte. You could taste the hazelnut flavor with a heavy dose of sweetness.

My vanilla latte didn't fare any better in terms of the sugar content. One sip and it was almost like they thought bitter me needed (more) sweetness in life. Or maybe I've just been accustomed to bitter, unsweetened coffee (thanks, office) so this was just too much for my liking. Sweet guys on the other hand ...

Comments