Review: D'Lee Deli, Tropicana

 Lot B09 Casa Tropicana,
Persiaran Tropicana
Petaling Jaya
Tel# 012-639 8830
https://www.facebook.com/dleedeli/

 My earliest memory of Casa Tropicana was with my then-bf for dessert at the now-closed down corner shop. The dessert parlor offered just that: dessert. This is way back in 2008. Unlike my romances, the shops would usually last a few years. Would D'Lee last longer than my current? Well, I'm sure it could. But I am sure as hell that nobody could last longer than my bond with one of the banks.

 Sure, life begins at the end of your comfort zone but it's called the comfort zone for a reason? Maybe it's the age talking.

Chili con carne with baked beans&rice and side serving of salad. 
For the uninitiated, chili here doesn't refer to our local definition although this one sometimes does pack some heat. The Mexican chili is really a stew of beans and meat in this case. It had a good cocktail of spices going on with a touch of heat to bring the temperature up a wee bit. The rice was cooked just right. Salad was crunchy fresh. It wasn't that expensive (less than RM 20 if memory serves me right) but the portion is adequate to leave you with some space for dessert (compulsory).

Grilled chicken on a bed of couscous and chopped tomato and cucumber.
Hailed as the modern diet's answer to rice, couscous is one of those things that are supposedly good for you but exorbitantly priced in Malaysia because of gullible people such as myself. Oh yea, and it's mainly imported. My first taste of it was a pleasant one. It gives one the feeling of eating crushed rice that's slightly under cooked. On its own, it has no flavor, relying on stocks and other ingredients to give it some taste. If only I could afford them.
The chicken was not bad either but it tasted as though it was re-cooked after being frozen. Could also use some more gravy.

Comments