Review: Old Tricycle, Taman Desa

Faber Plaza, Center Court,
Jalan Desa Jaya, Taman Desa
Kuala Lumpur
012-218 1352
https://www.facebook.com/oldtricycle/

It was one of the places that was on jl and my agenda. Since I was in this part of town, it felt like the right time to give it a shot. Thanks to social media for enticing me to go to unfamiliar territory in the name of food. Gluttony will be the death of me.

 Is everyone still big on the wall murals in Ipoh and Penang? Sure, it's (sort of) an art but when your fb wall gets flooded with all of them, you don't need to be there literally to see it.

 Lime juice RM 4.50
Served in old school Chinese metal cup, older Chinese generations would most certainly recall these mugs fondly. I think they phased out because of its outdated design but you can't deny its durability (doesn't break unlike glass). That also means your parents could just as easily hit you on the head with it without causing much damage (on you).

 Curry pig skin chee cheong fun RM 3.90
Without high hopes, this dish certainly surprised me with its smooth noodles and slightly spicy curry. It reminded me of the ones I used to have back in Ipoh. I'd recommend this but if you can't take the heat, they have few other versions as well.

 Meat lover set RM 28
Two of everything, it's protein galore. They have other sets as well but what's better than BBQ meat?  Yea, raw meat doesn't look very appetizing. At all.

 Each table has its own grill with charcoal. Good for rainy day. Bad for every other. You get to play masak-masak so it may be a good place to showcase your cooking skill.

 Unfortunately, cooking isn't my forte. Thus, it ended up slightly charred. Thankfully, the marinade more than made up for it.

Variety YTF, each piece averaging RM 2
Although this is boring by normal standard, I enjoyed this more than their call to fame. Sometimes, it's the simplest thing that work best.

Comments