Review: Chicken LAH!, Taman Mayang



97, Jalan SS25/2, Taman Bukit Emas
Petaling Jaya
Tel# 03-7886 8900
https://www.facebook.com/chickenlahmy?fref=ts

The place opened a year ago (or longer) and it's great that they are on OffPeak too. My on/off obsession with fried chicken makes me wonder if I am secretly a nigger but it's more likely my no-carb,protein-only diet that's wrecking havoc on my brain. Passing by this place with its bright red and yellow signboard just made me want to go there even more. Stupid woman, stupid hormones.

2pc combo RM 12.30: 2pieces of fried chicken, coleslaw, mashed potato and a soft drink
For a place that has chicken in its name, their fried version of it is disappointing to the core. The chicken was a little too salty and dry. Not where close to KFC. Or even McDonald's.

The coleslaw and mashed potato fared slightly better though the former was rather mushy, not much texture/bite to it. Again, KFC's is better. Yes, I happen to like KFC a fair bit.

Belacan wings RM 7.70
Fried chicken with a local touch, I was expecting something spicy but that's probably a different local paste (sambal). It turned out tasting rather weird. Dry and unique, this and the other version left me confused as to which deserved the honor of being not tasty because they both are equally not nice.

This was his version of candle light dinner.
Anyone want to bring me to a proper one?

Comments