Review: Auntie Sim, Damansara Utama


 24G, Jln SS 21/58,
Damansara Uptown,
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel# 012-224 8206

It's strange the rather high turnover of cafes in this office neighborhood yet this place must be doing something right because, not only did they manage to stay in business all these years, they recently renovated the place that it looks rather new now. However, my this particular visit was quite some time ago. Has the food quality improved alongside their shop or has it (shudders) deteriorated, falling into the curse of all restaurants that got too big and famous for themselves that they neglected the very thing that go them where they are?

Well, truthfully, I don't know. Lol. Unless you want to bring me there for a date then we can find out together.

The menu has that Penang touch to it and nothing shouts Penang quite like a bowl of kuey chap or pork innards in light soup. Maybe it isn't a Penang but Hokkien thing. Either way, it just isn't my kind of thing. Rice sheets are cooked in the soup with the fatty pork, intestines which gives it a thicker-than-usual soup. All in all, Auntie Sim does a good rendition of it as per 2 of my foodie friends' comments but it's not something I'd brave the traffic and parking woes for. Somehow, bah kut teh is still my goto pork soup.

While my lunch date happily munched on artery clogging food, I opted for a simple cup of coffee. Nothing fancy but it was a nice brew. Aromatic and not bitter, maybe because from the copious amount of condensed milk which well, YOLO.

Comments