at the right time, at the right place

This is a tale of how this nasi lemak came to be...
After a rather lackluster lunch, I contemplated on what to snack on. Ever since coffee is off the book ((no) thanks to Lent), my consolation is with tea. Even so, there's only that much of tea that can be humanely consume before my tummy starts to revolt. Thus, it was decided Milo would be my snack.

Recalling that the machine nearer to my workstation serves below par version of Milo (close enough to being a Milo flavored water), I took the journey across the floor for the better cuppa. Just as I approached close enough, it turned out to be under maintenance T_T The coffee lady was refilling the machine and not wanting to pressure her, I stood by silently, watching, waiting. Though come to think of it, that probably caused her more stress.

Somehow, it was my lucky day as another colleague drop off a bag of nasi lemak for the cleaning lady as they had excess. 

Do you want. She asked, in Malay. 
Oh my god,  why wouldn't I. I thought to my self.
Are you sure? That was my less obvious answer. 
Yes, take one but eat it today. So she tells me.

So yea, that was how some carbs ended up in my plan for the day. Things have been rather busy. So much so that even lunch is a luxury. Thus, it's a welcomed surprise to have not just free food but carbs after my no-carb plea.

Hey, I said I won't purposely go and have carb that I'd avoid it like a plague but it'll be a disservice to food in general to decline it. Even more the reason to thoroughly enjoy it when it's been handed to you. Not necessarily on a silver platter but my gratitude is almost boundless when it comes to free food. The things poverty trains you to be. 

Comments