How To: Make Banana Pancake

 Since it has been awhile since my last cooking post, here's another to remind you of why the kitchen should be off limits to me. Banana pancakes had been all the rage in the fitness community as it is made of just 2ingredients: banana and egg.

How simple can it get?
Although not a fan of bananas, the simplicity of the recipe intrigued me so I decided to give it a go. Plus, my office gave free bananas (not sure if that implied anything). For a moment, my brain momentarily forgot the fact that I don't eat (really) eat bananas.

To get a low down on these healthy pancakes, this post isn't going to cut it. So, head on over to here instead.

 While it isn't my first time handling bananas, I almost forgot just how mushy it can get. To make it easier, chop them up roughly before mashing them up. The key here is to pulverize it.

Add the egg next. Start to wonder if this was a good idea, like every other decisions you made in your life.

 At this point, it was clear that one banana and one egg wasn't going to cut it as the mixture was very runny, liquid-y. Popped another egg in to make it easier to handle.

 Unlike your usual pancakes, these are best made in small batches as they either cook too fast or slow depending on the thickness. If too thick, put it on low heat. If thin, still on low fire as the batter turns brown pretty quick.

There isn't much of a hard and fast rule with flipping. The easiest is just to take a peek and flip when it looks something like this.

Verdict?
It does have the soft texture/consistency of a pancake albeit softer.
The banana flavor is strong with this one. If I was a monkey, I'd be raging and pumping my fist out to grab a bite.

But having said that, because I am not a monkey though with the occasional monkey business and peanut pay, this isn't a recipe I would recreate. Not because it turned out bad, but this is way too much of banana taste for my liking.

Comments