Review: Coffee Chemistry Cafe, First Subang Mall [CLOSED]


First Subang Mall, 
G22&G23(Ground floor), 
Jalan SS15/4G, 
47500 Subang 

If not because of the rain, I wouldn't have ended up taking refugee in this mall. Unfortunately (for them), they have since closed down since my virgin visit back in Oct 2014, according to Google. So, why bother to post them up? Well, just for my own record purpose.

In recent years, the coffee cafe business boomed which led to a generation of hipsters, lugging their Macs and iPads with their thick framed glasses. Seriously, how do they sustain such a lifestyle? Each cuppa costs at least RM 10 (post taxes), I can forget about eating if coffee is in the plan. Or maybe it's just my sad, dire financial status. Sometimes, it would be nice to be born into an ultra rich family. Since that is not remotely possible, my next best shot would be to marry into one. Failure of which, maybe I should just give up on my day job and go work as a coffee barista. Maybe I can snag one of them filthy rich hipsters.

To be honest, I used to think that coffee is something that you need to really like in order to enjoy it. Most of my coffee experience hasn't been memorable, except for burning in a hole in my already hole-y pocket/purse, save for Brewyard. Turned out that I've just been having really sucky coffee all the while as there are more to add into my list of enjoyable coffee now :D Now, if only there's someone to sponsor me...

 Macchiato RM 12.
With a minimalist logo but selfie/Instagram-friendly decor, coffee was evidently not something this cafe poured much effort into. Tasted somewhat flat, lacking a sort of oomph.

Cafe latte RM 12
 But must give them props for the coffee art. However, what's the point of it when the taste is below par? It is like a woman who looks drop dead gorgeous but can do nuts in the kitchen and bedroom. Literally a flower vase, China. Like me.
Sorry, just kidding. I have nothing on the inside and outside to speak of. 

 Chocolate salted caramel cake RM 12.90
 Thankfully, their cake fared slightly better than their coffee though compared to other cafes, it wasn't that great. For one, there wasn't enough of salted caramel. The cake did have a nice airy texture though.

If you would still want to give this place a go, they have a branch in Uptown now that's currently still in business.
For now.

Comments