Good & Bad Sad Lunches Meals

One of the few things that people often misunderstand about me is how I usually eat good stuff. That couldn't be more wrong. After all, would you be interested to see the children who are making your iPhone? I bet not.

 On some days in the off chance I get to laze work from home, breakfast is a good thing to look forward to. The cereal bar was on cheap as it was nearing expiry date. Unfortunately, it was really sweet so the coffee was handy in that sense. Just for the record, my coffee was made from those instant sachets you get from hotel stays, all of which are not of mine.

Still think I have it good?

 There was also a period of time that yogurt was my defacto lunch. It was plain and simple. Easy enough. If only it was also just as cheap. I used to buy those flavored yogurt but found that their sugar content is high so switched to the natural ones. Those tastes rather sour but dip some crackers in them and it's pretty good. I kid you not. Pictured here is  piece of papadum from a previous lunch. Waste not.

 From the same place which serves pretty good loh mee, their Cantonese style yee mee was not too bad. A bad habit of mine would be to order the same dish from the same place each time I visit as hey, it's been proven good, why deviate? However, the FOMO part of me rebelled at that occasionally. Once we were there and I ordered the usual their signature when FOMO me flared up a bit but it was too late by then. Somehow, they actually got my order wrong and gave me this instead. Of course, half the noodle as pictured here. Funny how things can turn out :)

 Fridays are my go-out lunch day. So if you want to date me, remember it's a Friday ;)
We would usually head out to Dengkil where there's a food court with quite a large variety of choices. Economy rice (3stalls to boot), curry noodle, plain noodle, actually I lost count of the number of noodles stalls there. However, despite its location, prices aren't exactly that cheap at about RM 6.50. This is what my plate of roast chicken and roast sweet pork costs. It wasn't mind blowing. Portion was average. My purse cried a little that day.

What do I eat on other days? Usually takeaways from home. Which is also takeaways from wherever I could get. Sometimes, I'd go crazy buying expiring food that my mind forgets what I have and for how long. Thus, it's not a surprise that something in my freezer may have been there for quite a bit ..... This is fried chicken from Tesco. If you go there later in the evening or night, they would usually slash the price a bit (maybe even half). I like that each is individually packed so it makes it even easier to throw into the freezer and remove the required amount when need arises.

Oh the joy of singlehood.

 Then, there are also times when I take the extra effort to cook something up. Even so, it's really quite lazy. I don't know about you but a bag of dried chickpeas cost about RM 5 and you can eat until you start shitting yellow and possibly still have some left.

By soaking the beans overnight, it's supposed to make them softer and shorter cooking time. Unless if you are an actually chickpea or garbanzo bean peddler, these would take few hours over steady medium-high heat to soften in a pot of water. But, the end result would be rather rewarding. I have mine freshly cooked without any flavoring (no salt even) and it was quite nice. The heat certainly makes any food good. A side of cherry tomatoes to give some variety. Sure, it's healthy but can you imagine having that almost every other week?

 Hence, it is nice when someone buy you this: braised duck and pig intestines. The key here is not in the heat (though that'll help tremendously) but the chili sauce. Sorry for all you pussies who can't take the heat but these go with the chili best. And the oily rice is a guilty pleasure. You can find it here.

Comments